Oprah’s words of wisdom were so profound I had to write a part 2. I took so many notes I had to break them up into two parts. I have no idea when I will see her again so I had to capture what I could so I could share with you. I even added more of my funny phrases/thoughts in parentheses.
1. Always asking “Is that okay?” is seeking validation. (Let that one marinate).
2. Give people what they need to be solidly grounded in themselves; it doesn’t hurt to be nice.
3. Let people know they are heard. You don’t have to agree with them.
4. When showing love make sure that it is what the person loves and not what you love for them.
5. Lessons always show up again until you learn them. (Mind-blowing!)
6. Character is important in leadership.
7. People who don’t take care of themselves do not take care of the work. (You see why work-life harmony is SO important?)
8. You don’t want to hire someone who will give their whole life to their job.
9. Have a life beyond work life. (Women listen!)
10. You are best when you are working from wholeness. (Say it again, Oprah!)
11. If you see injustice, speak up!
12. Start where you are, in the seat you are in now. Your life is speaking to you now. Your life is always trying to get your attention. (This one spoke volumes to me).
13. Ask how you can be of service.
14. Fill the hole, or you will continue to bleed. (Only you know where that hole is).
I almost hate to end it! These are very profound words of wisdom from a great working woman of our time. I was fortunate to see her speak these words with such elegance and poise to an audience of more than 15,000 people. The most impressive thing was that she was herself. I could tell she was authentic.
How will you apply one or more of these in your life?
Check out the Working Woman Video Series to accompany this post
Keep winning and creating harmony in your life.
Marla J. Albertie
Your Life Harmonizing Strategist