“Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not the absence of fear.” – Mark Twain
Brene Brown, the master researcher and kick-ass working woman of courage and vulnerability, defines courage as “simply speaking from your heart.” How often do you speak from your heart? I try to; I admit I am working on my delivery. I can be so passionate about something it may come across the wrong way. Do you have that problem too?
Here are seven tips to remember about having courage:
1. Courage is the opposite of fear. Sometimes it takes courage to say something with love. We have to say things in a certain manner so the receiving party can hear our heart.
2. Courage allows us to step out of our comfort zone and experience the newness of life. It takes courage to fly for the first time, but once you do, you have opened your possibilities to see the world.
3. Courage breeds authenticity. Just be you. It is really, really hard to be other people.
4. Happiness and courage are best friends; you will not find one without the other. Many happy people are courageous people because it took courage for them to be happy in spite of…
5. Courage allows you to accept life for what it is and believe in what can be
6. Courage allows you to accept people for who they are and not create an illusion of who you think they should be. I have done this in the past, and it takes courage to see people for who they are.
7. Courage makes your opinion valid to you. What you think matters.
Take action today and start to speak from the heart. You have the courage to do anything you want. Go prove it to yourself today. You have to be honest and real with yourself before you can be honest and real with anybody else.
Start today and make one bold move.
What is the bold move you are going to take? Share your thoughts…
Keep winning and creating harmony in your life.
Marla J. AlbertieYour Life Harmonizing Strategist